Mothers and Daughters
A portrait series taking a deeper look at the complex relationship.
Each set are being asked the same questions.
1. What is a quality or aspect of your personality you think you share?
2. What is an aspect of your personality you think is most different?
3. What is something you learned from your mother or daughter that you could not have learned from anyone else?
Regina and Kendall
Regina on her daughter, Kendall
1. I think we definitely share our sense of humor and love of beautiful things. Whether it's art, makeup or clothes, we're both really into gorgeous and vibrant things.
2. Kendall is way more sensitive than I am. She's extremely empathetic to people's feelings and emotions which I think is beautiful.
3. Patience for sure! Having become a mother at such a young age, patience definitely wasn't my thing, lol. But she helped me learn how to evaluate things in a calmer manner while simultaneously giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Kendall on her mom, Regina
1. I think we have the same attitude (if that counts). The way we deal with people like if there's a problem we just remove ourselves from the situation.
2. We think very differently. She thinks very straight-forward, strategic and I think more outside the box, creative and artistically.
3. How to stay focused. She's always giving me advice on how to stay focused. When other people tell me things like that I don't listen but when my mom says it I know she's trying to help me and wants the best for me so I actually listen and practice it.