Mothers and Daughters
A portrait series taking a deeper look at the complex relationship.
Each set are being asked the same questions.
1. What is a quality or aspect of your personality you think you share?
2. What is an aspect of your personality you think is most different?
3. What is something you learned from your mother or daughter that you could not have learned from anyone else?
Marcy and Amanda
Amanda on her mom, Marcy
1. I believe I've inherited a lot of my personality from my mother. The biggest being a sense of adventure and natural tendency to plan things (parties, events, adventures). We also share a taste in things like B-Movies, Fashion and food. Lastly, we're both pretty strong willed - for better or worse.
2. My mother is very outgoing and generous, she can seemingly make friends wherever she goes and knows her whole neighborhood - while social I'm a bit more introverted in that sense.
3. I learned what it means to be a strong, independent woman and that individuality and success aren't mutually exclusive.
Marcy on her daughter, Amanda
1. Our shared sense of adventure
2. I tend to be overly friendly and Amanda is more reserved before welcoming people into her life.
3. That there is such a thing as unconditional love