Mothers and Daughters
A portrait series taking a deeper look at the complex relationship.
Each set are being asked the same questions.
1. What is a quality or aspect of your personality you think you share?
2. What is an aspect of your personality you think is most different?
3. What is something you learned from your mother or daughter that you could not have learned from anyone else?
Katy and MJ
Katy on her daughter MJ,
1. I think we both speak our own language sometimes. We have the same sense of humor for the most part. We both love to be creative and getting lost in our imaginations. We both can be so silly together too.
2. I am a bit more outgoing in social environments. MJ is also more cautious than I am. I like hiking up mountains, she likes nature walks.
3. MJ knows so much of my life and the people around us. She is so good about being unapologetically herself and setting boundaries with people. She has always been so strong beyond her years with her ability to do so.
MJ on her mom, Katy
1. Being kind of Stubborn
2. She is more emotional than I am
3. I learned to do what you want to do with confidence.