Mothers and Daughters
A portrait series taking a deeper look at the complex relationship.
Each set are being asked the same questions.
1. What is a quality or aspect of your personality you think you share?
2. What is an aspect of your personality you think is most different?
3. What is something you learned from your mother or daughter that you could not have learned from anyone else?
Erin and mikaela
Erin on her daughter, Mikalea
1. Mikaela and I are both open with ourselves about creating the things we want to the way we want to
2. I like to move around and discover things and places. I like meeting new people. I love talking to people and interacting with people. Mikaela does not. She’d much rather hang out in her room reading a book, or learning a new song. She’s much more comfortable in her solitude than I am.
3. Mikaela has taught me to reel it in sometimes. To stop and slow down. That I don’t always have to be right or work so darn hard towards a particular goal. She’s taught me how to be appreciative of smaller things and moments in time. I trust Mikaela’s intuition more than anyone else in the world.
Mikalea on her mom,
1. We are both very creative.
2. She’s very outgoing and i’m more introverted.
3. One thing i’ve learned is that if you want something you have to work hard to get it. Especially now that she is working on her business. It’s been years in the making and it’s really shown me that i can do anything if i work hard enough.