Mothers and Daughters
A portrait series taking a deeper look at the complex relationship.
Each set are being asked the same questions.
1. What is a quality or aspect of your personality you think you share?
2. What is an aspect of your personality you think is most different?
3. What is something you learned from your mother or daughter that you could not have learned from anyone else?
Cynthia and Julia
Cynthia on her daughter, Julia
1. We share determination
2. Julia is much more practical than me
3. She taught me steadfastness and confidence in love
Julia on her mother, Cynthia
1. I think we share a tenacity that both helps us strive but may get us into trouble.
2. I am not as interested in math or science as my mom is, although I am very proud of her and admire her intelligence often.
3. I learned that I could be anything I wanted to be, and I would still be deserving of love.